One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Combine efforts.‘individuals and organizations have joined forces to provide fund-raising facilities’
- ‘A group of military doctors and engineers have joined forces in an experimental effort to find out.’
- ‘The premier reiterated Asian countries need to step up efforts to join forces to ensure the balance of the global economy.’
- ‘Ground Force will also join forces with the Eden Project to create a Garden for Africa before the show comes to a close.’
- ‘Environmentally-friendly fast food workers joined forces with pre-school youngsters to beat the litter bugs.’
- ‘If you want to join forces with such organizations, that is your privilege.’
- ‘You just saw the picture of Democrats and Republicans in New Orleans joining forces to support the recovery effort.’
- ‘Three of the biggest employees in York and Selby are joining forces to provide better child care facilities for their staff.’
- ‘Cosmologists and particle physicists have therefore joined forces in the study of the early history of the Universe.’
- ‘Now, outraged people all over the UK will be joining forces to force it off the air again.’
- ‘The idea is that when you put your foot down the electric motor and the V6 join forces to provide Herculean power.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.