Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- North American term for Joe Bloggs
- ‘Those climbers get little recognition, while any Joe Blow who paid his way onto a guided ascent of Everest appears on talk shows.’
- ‘I'd worry about some Joe Blow writing in some local newspaper here or there.’
- ‘But I wouldn't go with any Joe Blow who's holding a camera.’
- ‘While any Joe Blow can install a 200CFM screamer fan in his rig, his cooling may be good but his hearing won't be after a while.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.