One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is unemployed and looking for work.
- ‘Online fraudsters are increasingly taking advantage of vulnerable job seekers by using online résumés to steal their identity, a privacy expert warned this week.’
- ‘The answer to your search could lie with taking part in a jobseekers course at the Portlaoise Job Club.’
- ‘At the same time, the number of jobseekers up to the age of 25 has dropped from 1,800 in 1999 to 600 last year.’
- ‘In a typical case of job fraud, for example, a criminal group will contact a job seeker offering employment handling money transfers.’
- ‘The Internet offers unlimited resources to serious, committed African-American job seekers.’
- ‘The rising costs of supporting jobseekers through the downturn are a non-negotiable part of a civilised society.’
- ‘By 9: 30 a.m., more than 1,000 job seekers had turned up.’
- ‘Over the past four years online recruitment has certainly caught the imagination of job seekers.’
- ‘Overall, there is no shortage of interest in the Civil Service among job seekers.’
- ‘He preyed on female job-seekers whom he lured to secluded spots by promising them jobs.’
- ‘At least two of the job seekers were wounded by gunfire.’
- ‘The event draws together undergraduates, graduates, the working public as well as job-seekers and has become an important focus of recruitment for many employers.’
- ‘New jobseekers may find it difficult to find work in the coming months.’
- ‘He seems to think job seekers "should be able to find work" in the Olympics jobs boom.’
- ‘They also place into chilling perspective the racially tinged value of education for black job seekers.’
- ‘The change from overworked operations manager for a large catering firm to jobseeker was a shock, she recalled.’
- ‘More than a third of jobseekers would sleep, date or flirt with their interviewer to land a role, a survey claims.’
- ‘Their database should primarily comprise top performers who are often passive job seekers.’
- ‘These job seekers in New York might be better off looking in the South.’
- ‘While networking has triumphed as the primary skill job seekers need, many students still find the idea intimidating.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.