One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is unemployed and looking for work.
- ‘More than a third of jobseekers would sleep, date or flirt with their interviewer to land a role, a survey claims.’
- ‘Overall, there is no shortage of interest in the Civil Service among job seekers.’
- ‘By 9: 30 a.m., more than 1,000 job seekers had turned up.’
- ‘They also place into chilling perspective the racially tinged value of education for black job seekers.’
- ‘He preyed on female job-seekers whom he lured to secluded spots by promising them jobs.’
- ‘The Internet offers unlimited resources to serious, committed African-American job seekers.’
- ‘The change from overworked operations manager for a large catering firm to jobseeker was a shock, she recalled.’
- ‘While networking has triumphed as the primary skill job seekers need, many students still find the idea intimidating.’
- ‘At least two of the job seekers were wounded by gunfire.’
- ‘The rising costs of supporting jobseekers through the downturn are a non-negotiable part of a civilised society.’
- ‘In a typical case of job fraud, for example, a criminal group will contact a job seeker offering employment handling money transfers.’
- ‘Their database should primarily comprise top performers who are often passive job seekers.’
- ‘Over the past four years online recruitment has certainly caught the imagination of job seekers.’
- ‘At the same time, the number of jobseekers up to the age of 25 has dropped from 1,800 in 1999 to 600 last year.’
- ‘Online fraudsters are increasingly taking advantage of vulnerable job seekers by using online résumés to steal their identity, a privacy expert warned this week.’
- ‘These job seekers in New York might be better off looking in the South.’
- ‘New jobseekers may find it difficult to find work in the coming months.’
- ‘The event draws together undergraduates, graduates, the working public as well as job-seekers and has become an important focus of recruitment for many employers.’
- ‘He seems to think job seekers "should be able to find work" in the Olympics jobs boom.’
- ‘The answer to your search could lie with taking part in a jobseekers course at the Portlaoise Job Club.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.