One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of moving employees between different tasks to promote experience and variety.
- ‘They are rather neutral towards the practices of job rotation and education leave without pay.’
- ‘But in the pursuit of profits and higher share prices for parent company Lang Corp, Patrick cut back on drivers, job rotation and breaks.’
- ‘Individual roles are becoming more diversified and, rather than taking on new staff, employers are opting for internal promotion and job rotation where they can.’
- ‘The workers are also demanding the company institute a system of job rotation because many workers at the plant suffer from repetitive strain injuries.’
- ‘Most employers in this sector focused on internal reshuffling and job rotation initiatives, instead of taking on new staff.’
- ‘There should be a planned job rotation and this is a qualitatively new level of work with personnel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.