One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in South Africa during the apartheid era) the setting aside by law of certain skilled grades of employment for certain ethnic groups, particularly whites.
- ‘He also demanded cent percent job reservation for the region's people.’
- ‘The NFB would continue with its watchdog role in earning the benefits of the law for the disabled especially with regard to job reservation.’
- ‘The policy of job reservation for the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and OBCs has made a deep impact on the Muslim psyche.’
- ‘While there was job reservation those days, we are now in an open society and competition is tougher.’
- ‘Issues such as securing a career job reservation in a timely manner don't go away when Airmen deploy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.