One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An offer of employment.‘he turned down several job offers’
- ‘She jumped at a job offer from the National Basketball Association to mold the league's international product marketing.’
- ‘He says he's had no shortage of job offers, but may instead work with charitable enterprises.’
- ‘With extensive expertise, he quickly drummed up several job offers.’
- ‘He accepted a job offer at Harvard, and suggested that Jim follow him to complete his college education there.’
- ‘She sent out resume and cover letters, received two job offers and is happily pursuing one of them.’
- ‘I went to the recruitment meetings held by the various firms on campus and came away with several job offers.’
- ‘The company made its job offer after giving Richardson high marks in the second internship.’
- ‘Isabella's culinary aptitude has earned her job offers in the town and beyond.’
- ‘From August through the end of November, my posting didn't attract any job offers.’
- ‘Although a degree won't guarantee a job offer, it will help.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.