One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A formal meeting in which an applicant is asked questions to determine their suitability for a particular job.‘the night before his job interview, he couldn't sleep’
- ‘There's lots of competition when you walk in for a job interview.’
- ‘If you go into a job interview wearing a T-shirt and jeans, you only hurt yourself.’
- ‘She provides advice on resume writing and job interview preparation.’
- ‘One woman told me how Ann had helped her prepare for a job interview.’
- ‘In the last two days I've had two phone calls about job interviews.’
- ‘Today, I got a call for a job interview tomorrow morning.’
- ‘His mother was obliged to pull strings in order to get him a job interview.’
- ‘This old car always breaks down on days when I have a job interview.’
- ‘Be sure to comb your hair when going to a job interview.’
- ‘He came to the reception late, fresh from a job interview.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.