One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who has a particular job or position.‘the job holder will be responsible for leading a small team’‘most of our employees are first-time job holders’
- ‘The Job Holder should be a graduate BSc or equivalent in an analytical chemistry or biological discipline.’
- ‘The job-holder contributes to the benefit risk evaluation and to safety risk management.’
- ‘Can you show us any available housing for the low-income job holders?’
- ‘The evaluation process is concerned with the job and not the job holder.’
- ‘With more families with two full-time job holders, there were more and more households in which time was scarcer than money.’
- ‘There's nothing wrong with the job of bank teller, nothing at all if the job holder enjoys the work.’
- ‘Although the country has already become an aging society, senior citizens over 55 account for a mere 3.7 percent of total job holders, the study revealed.’
- ‘Building the necessary team to support the growing agenda will also be an accountability of the job holder.’
- ‘These standards specify the knowledge and performance criteria that job holders need in order to be competent.’
- ‘We will provide the job-holder with opportunities to develop their skills and knowledge by excellent training opportunities in the field of RNA biology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.