Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A formal account of an employee's responsibilities.
- ‘Part of the mystery comes from the fact that the job description is changing.’
- ‘That means, right now, part of his job description is helping his employees get to work and get home.’
- ‘It was the responsibilities of the job description that tended to stress me out.’
- ‘Controlling crowds and helping old ladies find public conveniences is not normally in their job description.’
- ‘They also want six copies of your CV and a cover letter outlining how you meet the job description's criteria.’
- ‘I once wrote a job description for the papacy and said the pope should be a hopeful, holy man who smiles.’
- ‘In reality, we should make all employees feel valued no matter what their job description.’
- ‘A job description has been compiled with help from existing matrons and hospital bosses to provide a consistent approach to the role.’
- ‘We've made the same mistakes as many other people have with the job description and other items.’
- ‘Cleanliness at the hospital is in my job description and I have the responsibility for it.’
- ‘Employees may be asked to undertake work outside their job description.’
- ‘Does he feel it's part of his job description to speak out?’
- ‘Make sure you get a job description which clearly defines your role and responsibility while at camp.’
- ‘When it's in the job description that you must witness men and women being put to death, there are perhaps few who would accept the contract.’
- ‘Without a job description to figure out who might be qualified for these pithy posts, the best one can do is hop on the Internet.’
- ‘I wrote a little for the current job description, but I'll need to do a lot of tweaking on that.’
- ‘Two weeks ago, we received the following job description for Mackaiser.’
- ‘Arnie's back trying to fulfill his job description as God's faithful mercenary.’
- ‘Who wants to be exposed to public ridicule and contempt as part of their job description?’
- ‘The Feds update the job description and send it to human resources.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.