One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A formal account of an employee's responsibilities.
- ‘When it's in the job description that you must witness men and women being put to death, there are perhaps few who would accept the contract.’
- ‘They also want six copies of your CV and a cover letter outlining how you meet the job description's criteria.’
- ‘We've made the same mistakes as many other people have with the job description and other items.’
- ‘I once wrote a job description for the papacy and said the pope should be a hopeful, holy man who smiles.’
- ‘Part of the mystery comes from the fact that the job description is changing.’
- ‘A job description has been compiled with help from existing matrons and hospital bosses to provide a consistent approach to the role.’
- ‘In reality, we should make all employees feel valued no matter what their job description.’
- ‘Two weeks ago, we received the following job description for Mackaiser.’
- ‘Arnie's back trying to fulfill his job description as God's faithful mercenary.’
- ‘That means, right now, part of his job description is helping his employees get to work and get home.’
- ‘The Feds update the job description and send it to human resources.’
- ‘Does he feel it's part of his job description to speak out?’
- ‘It was the responsibilities of the job description that tended to stress me out.’
- ‘Cleanliness at the hospital is in my job description and I have the responsibility for it.’
- ‘I wrote a little for the current job description, but I'll need to do a lot of tweaking on that.’
- ‘Controlling crowds and helping old ladies find public conveniences is not normally in their job description.’
- ‘Who wants to be exposed to public ridicule and contempt as part of their job description?’
- ‘Make sure you get a job description which clearly defines your role and responsibility while at camp.’
- ‘Employees may be asked to undertake work outside their job description.’
- ‘Without a job description to figure out who might be qualified for these pithy posts, the best one can do is hop on the Internet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.