Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The provision of new opportunities for paid employment, especially for those who are unemployed.
- ‘They are not employed as part of a job creation scheme as some politicians and union leaders seem to think.’
- ‘While job creation is expected to be sluggish here, personal incomes are likely to rise.’
- ‘In any economic recovery, most of the job creation is done by small business.’
- ‘He visited the centre and told its counsellors about a job creation programme using Hopes.’
- ‘Florida is one of the fastest growing states in the US and a leader in job creation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.