One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the UK) an organization providing support and practical help for the long-term unemployed in seeking work.
- ‘This project continues to be a success and is one of the best job clubs in the country.’
- ‘I asked her if she could advertise the job club on her website.’
- ‘The purpose of the organisation is to facilitate talks and workshops in schools, job clubs, training centres, workplaces on cultural differences and integration.’
- ‘The job club was run by Craven Training Association Limited and was open to all those who had been unemployed for more than six months.’
- ‘While most office environments may well be intimidating to some people the job club goes out of its way to welcome all.’
- ‘It also offers information on vacancies, education and training, help with career guidance, one-to-one mediation, post placement support and job club.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.