One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the UK) an organization providing support and practical help for the long-term unemployed in seeking work.
- ‘It also offers information on vacancies, education and training, help with career guidance, one-to-one mediation, post placement support and job club.’
- ‘I asked her if she could advertise the job club on her website.’
- ‘The purpose of the organisation is to facilitate talks and workshops in schools, job clubs, training centres, workplaces on cultural differences and integration.’
- ‘While most office environments may well be intimidating to some people the job club goes out of its way to welcome all.’
- ‘This project continues to be a success and is one of the best job clubs in the country.’
- ‘The job club was run by Craven Training Association Limited and was open to all those who had been unemployed for more than six months.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.