One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Barker's jivey style is occasionally annoying, but the unexpectedly sad ending rights what few wrongs there are.’
- ‘For The Cold Six Thousand, Ellroy reverts to the jivey slang he used in White Jazz.’
- ‘The jivey street talk, the ‘innits' and ‘wassups', dissolve into normal London accents when addressing an older white woman; the body language changes.’
- ‘Some of the partnering momentarily imparted a jazzy, jivey feel, but also a basic disconnection.’
- ‘This identity has its roots in fear rather than pride and its fruits are conformity, provincialism and a jivey new anti-intellectualism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.