One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An immigrant.‘he'd explained to a jimmygrant that his colt had the strangles’
- ‘You are also a “JimmyGrant”.’
- ‘He'd derided his pretensions, stigmatizing him as a stuck up "Jimmygrant".’
- ‘He's a little ginger jimmygrant.’
- ‘This was a typical disgruntled Jimmygrant view of Australian history.’
- ‘He'd explained to a "jimmygrant" that his colt had the strangles.’
Mid 19th century: rhyming slang for immigrant.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.