Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A padded envelope for protecting fragile items in the post.
pack, carton, box, cardboard box, container, case, package, parcel, padded bagView synonyms
- ‘Pick up the phone early one day, and it will come through your door in a Jiffy bag the next, in tip - top condition.’
- ‘When I got home today, a small Jiffy bag was waiting for me.’
- ‘Before you buy the Jiffy bag and stamps and queue up at the post office, take a moment to answer the following questions.’
- ‘If you'd like a cake, give me your address and I'll pop one in a Jiffy bag for you.’
- ‘And for designer purchases, buy a Jiffy bag and mail them home.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.