One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A spar run out forward as an extension of the bowsprit.
- ‘Despite the weather, the ship's two carpenters were busy and by the 26th they were able to replace the jib boom.’
- ‘She was still scarred after her encounters with icebergs so proper repairs to her jury-rigged jib boom were a top priority.’
- ‘That pressure also flows to the slave cylinder to provide additional lifting force to the jib boom.’
- ‘Hovering over the jib boom you see two large anchors lying on deck.’
- ‘The 7-ton crane can handle 600 pounds at full extension of the jib boom at 82 feet, or 2500 pounds at 60 feet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.