One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A slum dwelling typically made of mud and corrugated iron.
- ‘The enforcement wing of the Estate Office today removed over 30 jhuggis near market places in Sector 15 and 20.’
- ‘Over 1000 jhuggis in the colony were damaged, and the people rendered homeless.’
- ‘This is a slum settlement of jhuggis that had been completely razed to the ground on February 28 affecting about 227 families.’
- ‘She lives in an unauthorised cluster of jhuggis and has been abandoned by her husband Haran, the father of her four children.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the district administration last night urged all those living alongside the Badi Nadi to vacate their jhuggis immediately.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.