One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A box used for keeping jewellery in.‘they emptied my jewellery box and took my husband's laptop’
- ‘I would like to get $70 or best offer for this very nice antique jewelery box.’
- ‘At all other times, she kept the brooch in the secret compartment of her chinnoiserie jewellery box.’
- ‘She noticed a quantity of cash had been stolen from the drawer of her dressing table and two jewellery boxes had been opened and moved.’
- ‘Her handcrafted jewellery has become a must-have in every fashion-forward girl's jewellery box.’
- ‘The interior decorator said the burglars had found a jewellery box in his bedroom which he had forgotten to put back in a bank vault.’
- ‘She opened the jewellery box to find a beautiful gold watch.’
- ‘My mum asked me to go through her jewellery box and pick something I liked.’
- ‘I have a very nice jewelery box on my dresser that is crammed full of cheap dollar-store jewellery, hoping the guy will just scoop it up, and leave.’
- ‘Women's cosmetics and jewellery boxes were also sculptured with patterns such as flowers, birds and love stories.’
- ‘Other gift articles using the same gold engraving include photo frames, mobile phone holders, watches, and jewellery boxes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.