One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A portable bridge put against an aircraft door to allow passengers to embark or disembark.
- ‘Included will be better gates and jetways, and more retail options.’
- ‘The third jetway will replace an existing passenger bridge at United's Gate 6.’
- ‘The shooting took place on a jetway to an American Airlines plane that had just arrived from Colombia.’
- ‘The two marshals opened fire in the airport jetway after a confrontation inside the plane.’
- ‘Computer systems, bag conveyors and airport jetways operated at some airports, but not at others.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.