One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A motor boat of shallow draught propelled by a jet of water pumped forcefully out from below the stern waterline.
- ‘On the last day, we were transported from our final camp site to the take-out point by jetboat.’
- ‘A Dart River jetboat safari runs from Glenorchy 35 kilometres into the Alps.’
- ‘Side roads in-between advertise numerous opportunities for whitewater rafting and jetboat rides, though maybe not so exciting in the current drought.’
- ‘I would be the only one fully clad on the jetboat as we wove in and out of the harbours along the Riviera.’
- ‘The jetboat travels at a sizzling speed, even when making its way through the narrow canyons, but all the precautions are taken.’
- ‘Booking a trip by kayak or by jetboat is well worth while.’
- ‘The jetboat was then slipped to take soundings along a planned track to the proposed beach landing site.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.