One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A motorboat propelled by a jet of water pumped forcefully out from below the stern waterline.
- ‘A Dart River jetboat safari runs from Glenorchy 35 kilometres into the Alps.’
- ‘Side roads in-between advertise numerous opportunities for whitewater rafting and jetboat rides, though maybe not so exciting in the current drought.’
- ‘On the last day, we were transported from our final camp site to the take-out point by jetboat.’
- ‘Booking a trip by kayak or by jetboat is well worth while.’
- ‘The jetboat was then slipped to take soundings along a planned track to the proposed beach landing site.’
- ‘I would be the only one fully clad on the jetboat as we wove in and out of the harbours along the Riviera.’
- ‘The jetboat travels at a sizzling speed, even when making its way through the narrow canyons, but all the precautions are taken.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.