One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fuel used in jet engines.‘the price of jet fuel rose 10 per cent’
- ‘He developed special jet fuels, so he kept a careful eye on aviation around the globe.’
- ‘A 747 that's fully gassed up for a long trip might burn through hundreds of thousands of pounds of jet fuel before it landed.’
- ‘The refinery has a daily capacity of 70,000 barrels of crude and produces gasoline, diesel fuel, military jet fuel, solvents and asphalt.’
- ‘The U.S. consumes about 650 billion barrels of jet fuel per year, which is about 10 percent of our annual oil consumption.’
- ‘Jet fuel prices appear to be no barrier to aircraft sales.’
- ‘Jet fuel accounts for roughly 10% of total oil refinery output in the U.S.’
- ‘Airlines, for example, consume lots of jet fuel.’
- ‘Cleaner, greener jet fuels made from formulas that contain part soybean oil could clean up the air and give added profits to soybean growers.’
- ‘Demand for kerosene-type jet fuel has grown 5.5% compared with the year-ago, four-week period.’
- ‘The wrong kind of jet fuel had been put into the tanks and if we'd tried to take off, we would have been cinders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.