One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See jet ski
- ‘The Blue Lagoon is on private land and is used, with permission of the owner, by jet-skiers and scuba divers.’
- ‘A teenage jet-skier from Sheffield was recovering in hospital in Grimsby yesterday after drifting three miles in the water off Cleethorpes.’
- ‘His body was recovered last Saturday by police divers 200 metres upstream from Clifton Bridge, after it was spotted by a passing jet-skier.’
- ‘Without warning, three jet-skiers appeared from downstream, tore into the bay leaving us little time to shout any warnings.’
- ‘The other incident involved a jet-skier who had got into difficulties and we would urge people to take extra care when using these machines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.