One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See jet ski
- ‘Without warning, three jet-skiers appeared from downstream, tore into the bay leaving us little time to shout any warnings.’
- ‘His body was recovered last Saturday by police divers 200 metres upstream from Clifton Bridge, after it was spotted by a passing jet-skier.’
- ‘A teenage jet-skier from Sheffield was recovering in hospital in Grimsby yesterday after drifting three miles in the water off Cleethorpes.’
- ‘The other incident involved a jet-skier who had got into difficulties and we would urge people to take extra care when using these machines.’
- ‘The Blue Lagoon is on private land and is used, with permission of the owner, by jet-skiers and scuba divers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.