One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘She sat beside him and watched the two teams exchange the usual jesting insults as they prepared for the game.’
- ‘‘Oh,’ his friend replied in a jesting tone, ‘Henry the bookworm is wondering?’’
- ‘There is, however, no other trace in the book of a jesting spirit at work.’
- ‘I tried to be light about it, to make it into a kind of joke, a friendly jesting: ‘Ha, you didn't remember this time.’’
- ‘Kiyone grinned, but it wasn't a grin of jesting, it was more of the kind that goes along with malicious intent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.