One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘People needed housing, and providing this was left to jerry-builders who put together cheap, insufficient, flimsy dwellings that soon fell into disrepair.’
- ‘The jerry-builders were not capitalists but workingmen.’
- ‘The gorilla, one of nature's jerry-builders, constructs its sleeping headquarters on a sloping site.’
- ‘The whole of the belt of north and west Northumberland has been little changed through the centuries - it has not been desecrated either by the jerry-builder or by the spread of industry.’
- ‘This sort of pain is just what we would expect from natural selection, which is a jerry-builder.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.