One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The one grasped the other's arm and jerkily pulled her away from me.’
- ‘I uttered a strangled yelp of sheer terror, as the unidentified floating object moved jerkily toward me.’
- ‘The visuals are so polished and shiny that the characters lack the personality of their jerkily animated former selves.’
- ‘She stood up and began to pace up and down, jerkily, as though her muscles hadn't been used for a long time.’
- ‘As he moved jerkily towards the water, Slocum thought to herself: ‘He resembles a frog.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.