One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She stood up and began to pace up and down, jerkily, as though her muscles hadn't been used for a long time.’
- ‘I uttered a strangled yelp of sheer terror, as the unidentified floating object moved jerkily toward me.’
- ‘As he moved jerkily towards the water, Slocum thought to herself: ‘He resembles a frog.’’
- ‘The one grasped the other's arm and jerkily pulled her away from me.’
- ‘The visuals are so polished and shiny that the characters lack the personality of their jerkily animated former selves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.