One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bean-shaped sweet with a jelly-like centre and a firm sugar coating.
- ‘You won't faint because you don't have another jelly bean.’
- ‘Buy them now and some time in the distant future, a Ronald Reagan jelly bean jar may yet be within your grasp.’
- ‘We gave people bowls of jelly beans and other colored candies.’
- ‘The extras, however, smack sour like olives in a jelly bean jar.’
- ‘For eyes, dip one end of 2 jelly bean halves in melted chocolate and place on cookie.’
- ‘To eat the jelly beans, or not to eat the jelly beans, that is the question.’
- ‘‘The thing is a big jelly bean,’ joked one juror.’
- ‘Eyes are gumdrops and jelly beans, antennae are licorice lace, and the tongue is a shaped gumdrop.’
- ‘A simple jelly bean is insidious enough, but these are far worse.’
- ‘Moisten area around jelly bean with a small amount of water and sprinkle with orange and red edible glitter.’
- ‘Amid jelly beans, lilies and egg hunts, Christians must meditate on Christ's cross and Luther's plea for ‘a joyful heart’ in the face of anguish.’
- ‘The moment a child is quiet for a second, a jelly bean is presented to him.’
- ‘Mason jars of jelly beans and gummy bears and fresh-baked cookies are there for the taking.’
- ‘She brought along a clown baggy full of candied goodies, such as lollipops, gumdrops, and jelly beans.’
- ‘The tiny Jersey potato, barely bigger than a jelly bean has come to save us from another month of baked and mash.’
- ‘They say money doesn't grow on trees, but it does spring up from jelly bean soil in these graduation party centerpieces.’
- ‘They have put out giant bowls of snacks: jelly beans, Gummi Bears, unsalted cashews, sugar-free sucking candies.’
- ‘The emerald mosaic look on the outside is created with coarsely chopped thin zucchini strips; the ruby coating is made with red jelly beans.’
- ‘All their knowledge is based on what they've been exposed to: a peach flavored jelly bean or fruit roll-up.’
- ‘It used to be that we could sneak into the reception and help ourselves to jelly beans from the candy jar on the front counter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.