One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or involving the jejunum and the ileum, usually with reference to a bypass operation in which they are connected.
- ‘Some doctors consider surgery for obesity to be a waste of resources, and others remember the poor results from earlier procedures such as the jejunoileal bypass.’
- ‘The jejunoileal bypass no longer is a recommended bariatric surgical procedure.’
- ‘Any patient undergoing a procedure involving malabsorption must be considered at risk to develop at least some of the malabsorptive complications created by jejunoileal bypass.’
- ‘Regarding human cirrhosis, he cited single cases of cirrhosis due to iron storage, jejunoileal bypass, or chronic alcoholism, which apparently regressed following removal of the etiologic agents.’
- ‘Other conditions associated with NASH include Weber-Christian disease, extensive small bowel resection, and jejunoileal bypass.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.