One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mild expression used to show surprise or annoyance.‘Jeez! It's not fair!’
- ‘Dogbert: Jeez, it's like I'm talking to a wall here!’
- ‘And the next time you blog, and write personal stuff, you can't help seeing that person's face before your eyes, and thinking, Jeez, he's gonna be reading this!’
- ‘Oh, you know, I've been writing for so many years, and every time I read something that I wrote a few years ago, I would think, Jeez, I can improve on that.’
- ‘I know I have a big mouth, but give me some damn credit… Jeez.’
- ‘If this really is gonna happen in the future then Jeez, tell me now so I can change it - I don't know if I can sit through this conversation again.’
1920s: abbreviation of Jesus.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.