One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A humorous respelling of the name of Jesus (often used as an exclamation expressing irritation, dismay, or surprise)‘Ms Boyle should be on her knees thanking Jeebus’‘Jeebus, I had no idea her music was so awful’‘Jebus! You're so lazy’
- ‘Accepting the love of our lord Jeebus into the heart, washing away all previous sins.’
- ‘Do you think he and his family want to live in Manchester, Jeebus Christ!’
- ‘Sweat Jebus, talk about a moment of introspection.’
- ‘Oh sweet jeebus, I can't wait for camp to start.’
- ‘They want to bring about the end of the world, so Jeebus will come back.’
- ‘Cross fingers, light a candle, pray to Jeebus he stays healthy.’
- ‘I'm sure the power of jebus will protect her.’
- ‘Jebus, what a bunch of seriously defective people.’
- ‘I am so excited by this news, thank you sweet baby Jebus!’
- ‘Thank Jebus we pay them well and offer them decent pay packages to put up with the politicians we send.’
Early 21st century: apparently popularized by the television series The Simpsons.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.