One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of the mystical knightly order in the Star Wars films, trained to guard peace and justice in the Universe.
- ‘The Jedi are stretched to the limit trying to keep peace and order in the galaxy.’
- ‘I don't know if I buy the whole notion of Jedi as peaceful warriors only striking out in defence.’
- ‘If Darth Maul can kill the Jedi he'll easily be able to kill any palace guards remaining.’
- ‘The Jedi are primarily mystical, though they can, of course, deploy their knowledge of Right to achieve intellectual understanding.’
- ‘They were all but exterminated by the Jedi a thousand years ago, but the evil order continued in secrecy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.