One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A male jazz musician.
- ‘A storming set at the 1968 Newport Festival suggested this was a band to be reckoned with; though visiting American jazzmen usually worked with local pickup bands while in Europe, this was a different kettle of fish.’
- ‘Tonight we went out to celebrate at the Bearwood Corks Club and listened to some cool jazz from Andy Hamilton and his incredible Blue Notes… and assorted celebrated jazzmen.’
- ‘‘Mood Indigo’ is among the few numbers that can be heard repeatedly, especially when beautifully improvised by creative jazzmen.’
- ‘Gray was a talented jazzman with a keen understanding of musical nuance.’
- ‘Intricate finger-picked bass loops over complex, time-shifting drum patterns and twisted electronics, like 808 State played by jazzmen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.