One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Some 450 million years ago, both jawed and jawless vertebrates began relying on cells called lymphocytes to support the burgeoning adaptive immune system.’
- ‘In traditional classifications, the hagfish, lampreys, and extinct armored jawless fish are grouped together in the paraphyletic Class Agnatha.’
- ‘At a quick glance, jawless fish such as the lamprey above don't appear to have much in common with jawed fish or any other back-boned creature.’
- ‘The hagfish, together with lampreys, are living representatives of the jawless vertebrates (class Agnatha) and are considered to be the most evolutionarily ancient vertebrates.’
- ‘Most jawless species went extinct long ago and are known only from the fossil record.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.