One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The competitive sport of throwing a javelin.‘she excelled in every sport she tried, including golf, running, javelin throwing, and swimming’
- ‘A single throw should give him the gold medal, but expect Brown to take all six as he shows what true javelin throwing looks like.’
- ‘And just when it seemed her javelin throwing days were over, she is now determined to have a swansong.’
- ‘Teams consist of parents and children, and the activities will include javelin throwing, jumping rope, hurdles and pushups.’
- ‘There were seven athletes from each hospital and they had a competition doing archery and javelin throwing.’
- ‘He shattered the Namibian javelin throwing record with a new mark of 78,32 metres at the South African Athletics Championships.’
- ‘Whether your favorite sport is football, tennis, running, or javelin throwing, we've got just the song to put you in the mood.’
- ‘He discovered a talent for javelin throwing and committed himself to being the best that he could possibly be.’
- ‘Originally from the south-west, she moved to Ballarat as a secondary school student to develop her javelin throwing.’
- ‘Then I talked to my coach's widow and she persuaded me to take up javelin throwing again.’
- ‘It's easy to imagine the ancient Greeks cheering as they watched foot races, wrestling, javelin throwing and other athletic contests.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.