One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of hard yellow Norwegian cheese with many small holes and a mild, nutty flavour.
- ‘A full wheel of Jarlsberg weighs about 20 lb, one tenth the weight of a wheel of Emmental.’
- ‘Jarlsberg's gentle, distinctive flavour complements ingredients rather than overpowering them. It melts well too, so it is an obvious choice when making fondues, béchamel sauces and soufflés.’
- ‘All the Scandinavian food I've been craving - Jarlsberg cheese, open faced sandwiches with shrimp and salmon and waffles with jam - were abundant.’
- ‘Take your pick of lite or regular Jarlsberg, available in slices, wedges, blocks and random weight pieces.’
- ‘The famous Jarlsberg cheese is known for its distinctive sweet and nutty taste.’
Named after the town of Jarlsberg, Norway.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.