One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of hard yellow Norwegian cheese with many small holes and a mild, nutty flavour.
- ‘The famous Jarlsberg cheese is known for its distinctive sweet and nutty taste.’
- ‘Jarlsberg's gentle, distinctive flavour complements ingredients rather than overpowering them. It melts well too, so it is an obvious choice when making fondues, béchamel sauces and soufflés.’
- ‘Take your pick of lite or regular Jarlsberg, available in slices, wedges, blocks and random weight pieces.’
- ‘All the Scandinavian food I've been craving - Jarlsberg cheese, open faced sandwiches with shrimp and salmon and waffles with jam - were abundant.’
- ‘A full wheel of Jarlsberg weighs about 20 lb, one tenth the weight of a wheel of Emmental.’
Named after the town of Jarlsberg, Norway.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.