One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for anime
- ‘The ‘adorable’ little pocket monsters brought anime, or so-called Japanimation, into the mainstream, and made generation of department store clerks very disgruntled.’
- ‘Collectively dubbed "Japanimation," Japanese cartoons incorporate the broadest range of themes, from action heroes and space operas to martial arts.’
- ‘Kanada's fantastic, lyrical, and decidedly unrealistic depictions of explosions and fiery demons are direct successors to the lineage of Hokusai, but also pave the way for the burgeoning market for Japanimation in the 1980s and 1990s.’
- ‘Certainly, many ‘super trends’ in art have been rooted in pop culture, counter culture and foreign cultures, and Japanimation is no exception.’
- ‘Today, it is seen throughout the world as people outside Japan are showing interest in Japanese subcultural products such as Japanimation and manga.’
1980s: blend of Japan and animation.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.