One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Chinese lantern (sense 1)
- ‘A small fountain sat in the center, the bubbling water sparkling brightly from the warm glow of hanging Japanese lanterns and a small scattering of patio torches.’
- ‘The Menorah light is a free-standing translucent pylon light and the Star of David is translated into two hanging lamps constructed like Japanese lanterns of white parchment.’
- ‘There were little Japanese lanterns hanging everywhere, with compact fluorescent bulbs.’
- ‘There were multicolored Japanese lanterns around the walls, and on the ceiling was a multicolored disco ball.’
- ‘For the first time, Sikh community calligraphers joined Japanese calligraphers in writing messages of Peace and Friendship in Gurmukhi on beautiful Japanese lanterns.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.