One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A transmitter used for jamming signals.
- ‘In fact, for the most part the bombers looked just alike, but instead of having the large heavy bombs loaded in the bomb bays, the radar countermeasure aircraft carried high voltage jammers.’
- ‘And according to several news reports, those who are bothered by cell phone rudeness are increasingly turning to jammers - devices that prevent making and receiving cell phone calls.’
- ‘Pattaya International Jamming sessions during the weekend of May 16 & 17 drew unexpected large crowds, both patrons and jazz jammers.’
- ‘Furthermore, the enemy can defeat IA by destroying signal jammers or boosting his own signal to negate the signal (antijam).’
- ‘These guys are real nasty jammers, they do gypsy reggae, Latino ska funk, you name it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.