One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rock band that plays music characterized by long improvisational passages.‘fans of jam bands love tracking set lists from show to show’
- ‘The jam band had a following of tens of thousands of people called Deadheads, who formed their own community and followed the group around the country.’
- ‘The Bay Area is renowned for giving birth to jam bands, crust punks, and even thrash metallers, but few truly recognize the region's contributions to rap.’
- ‘Bonnaroo conjured images of hippies gathered in mass quantities, dancing and listening to their favorite jam bands.’
- ‘Their massive jam band sound pulls from some of the all-time greats.’
- ‘It comes as no surprise that they are both classically trained musicians who have dabbled in the likes of opera, off-Broadway musicals, and jam bands.’
- ‘Colorado's market for jam bands has been robust for decades.’
- ‘Although commonly labelled a jam band, the group prides itself on its musicianship.’
- ‘Fans of jam bands love tracking set lists from show to show for a band because they change every night.’
- ‘I have a strong aversion to most jam band music and its accompanying culture.’
- ‘The Vermont-based jam band played a trio of shows at historic Boardwalk Hall last week.’
1930s: from jam (sense 3 of the noun).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.