Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A rock band that plays music characterized by long improvisational passages.‘fans of jam bands love tracking set lists from show to show’
- ‘The jam band had a following of tens of thousands of people called Deadheads, who formed their own community and followed the group around the country.’
- ‘I have a strong aversion to most jam band music and its accompanying culture.’
- ‘The Bay Area is renowned for giving birth to jam bands, crust punks, and even thrash metallers, but few truly recognize the region's contributions to rap.’
- ‘Fans of jam bands love tracking set lists from show to show for a band because they change every night.’
- ‘Colorado's market for jam bands has been robust for decades.’
- ‘The Vermont-based jam band played a trio of shows at historic Boardwalk Hall last week.’
- ‘Bonnaroo conjured images of hippies gathered in mass quantities, dancing and listening to their favorite jam bands.’
- ‘It comes as no surprise that they are both classically trained musicians who have dabbled in the likes of opera, off-Broadway musicals, and jam bands.’
- ‘Their massive jam band sound pulls from some of the all-time greats.’
- ‘Although commonly labelled a jam band, the group prides itself on its musicianship.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.