One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A prison.as modifier ‘the jailhouse diet’
prison, penal institution, place of detention, lock-up, place of confinement, guardhouse, correctional facility, detention centreView synonyms
- ‘CompuDyne also supplies security and specialty engineering and telecom products to the military and intelligence agencies, electronic security products for prisons, and all-steel jailhouses.’
- ‘I had them placed into protective custody at the jailhouse in Hamburg.’
- ‘Without their intelligence, the enforcement people end up investigating small time drug offenders on tips from the police, or hanging out at the local jailhouse looking for aliens to deport.’
- ‘He kissed Bathsheba's pale hand and marched out of the building toward the jailhouse, later to be confined for life in an institution.’
- ‘The first morning they visited the jailhouse, two prisoners were behind bars.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.