One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A prison.as modifier ‘the jailhouse diet’
prison, penal institution, place of detention, lock-up, place of confinement, guardhouse, correctional facility, detention centreView synonyms
- ‘CompuDyne also supplies security and specialty engineering and telecom products to the military and intelligence agencies, electronic security products for prisons, and all-steel jailhouses.’
- ‘The first morning they visited the jailhouse, two prisoners were behind bars.’
- ‘I had them placed into protective custody at the jailhouse in Hamburg.’
- ‘He kissed Bathsheba's pale hand and marched out of the building toward the jailhouse, later to be confined for life in an institution.’
- ‘Without their intelligence, the enforcement people end up investigating small time drug offenders on tips from the police, or hanging out at the local jailhouse looking for aliens to deport.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.