Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A large bath with a system of underwater jets of water to massage the body.
bathtub, tub, hot tubView synonyms
- ‘At the lodge, there are saunas, jacuzzis, a heated swimming pool and an outdoor hot-tub for a spot of gentle pampering.’
- ‘Other club amenities include a bar and lounge, meeting rooms, an indoor swimming pool, golf shop, men's and women's locker rooms with sauna, jacuzzis, massage rooms and four tennis courts.’
- ‘As far as relaxation is concerned, there is a sauna, a steam room, a jacuzzi, and a water pool with massage jets.’
- ‘Facilities include a jacuzzi, sauna, spa room, two bars and, best of all, an indoor swimming pool that is heated to perfection.’
- ‘The treatment programmes at this centre with its state-of-the-art equipment include saunas, jacuzzis, special bath cubicles, all custom made with spanking clean exteriors and interiors, no doubt offered at a price.’
1960s: named after Candido Jacuzzi ( c. 1903–86), Italian-born American inventor.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.