One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plug consisting of a single shaft used to make a connection which transmits a signal, typically used in sound equipment.
- ‘The earth wire was wired to a jack plug… with enough length to reach the earth socket in the underside of the PSU.’
- ‘Two easy to use jack plugs are inserted into the rear of the lamp (it doesn't even matter which plug is plugged into which hole as the unit automatically works out the polarity).’
- ‘How do you take a set of front-panel switch and LED cables that end in 3.5mm jack plugs and interface them in an attractive way with the tiny wee pins on a motherboard?’
- ‘The torch is simply charged by removing a knurled threaded plug and inserting the phono style charging jack plug.’
- ‘The audio cable supplied in the box has stereo plugs at one end (to plug into the receiver) but a single jack plug at the other end.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.