One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A medium-sized plane for use in rough joinery.
- ‘The general form of these planes is that of a jack plane with projections on either side of the sole.’
- ‘The jointer, in excellent condition, brought $2,530 while the jack plane, with a bruised wedge and handle, sold for $2,090.’
- ‘There was a very rare 15-inch jack plane, patented by the Davis Level and Tool Co., August 31, 1875, in wonderful condition; and a Bailey Tool Co. Defiance No.27, 21-inch jointer plane also in excellent condition.’
- ‘A Stanley No.62 low-angle jack plane, rarely found in the box, in fine condition and in an excellent box brought $1,072.50’
- ‘Then they were to set off for Bedford County with two hand saws, two jack planes, four chisels, augers ‘for common framing,’ a foot adze, and ‘one of the narrow adzes which were made here to dig gutters in the joists.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.