Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A Maori community or people.
- ‘The views held by the people of the iwi about the iwi are being regarded as much more important than anyone else's.’
- ‘Some few years ago now the Anglican Church returned the land to the local iwi.’
- ‘This model does not give fisheries to the Maori hapu and iwi that had them.’
- ‘They should tell us how the various iwi or hapu will be recognised so as to receive their entitlement.’
- ‘Many iwi and hapu have been waiting for too long to see their grievances resolved.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.