One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A student or former student of an Ivy League university.‘he is a smart guy and an Ivy Leaguer’
- ‘For years they recruited only the best and the brightest Ivy Leaguers.’
- ‘He was an elite Ivy Leaguer and the product of a madrasa.’
- ‘I graduated from City College, so I'm no Ivy Leaguer or anything, but believe me—a good city or state school with a regular computer science degree goes much further than any of the specialist schools.’
- ‘I see him as tall, heavy set, a one-time prep-school Ivy Leaguer who's worked in the State Department for forty years.’
- ‘His wife is an Ivy Leaguer who majored in economics and East Asian studies at Columbia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.