One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A student or former student of an Ivy League university.‘he is a smart guy and an Ivy Leaguer’
- ‘He was an elite Ivy Leaguer and the product of a madrasa.’
- ‘I graduated from City College, so I'm no Ivy Leaguer or anything, but believe me—a good city or state school with a regular computer science degree goes much further than any of the specialist schools.’
- ‘His wife is an Ivy Leaguer who majored in economics and East Asian studies at Columbia.’
- ‘For years they recruited only the best and the brightest Ivy Leaguers.’
- ‘I see him as tall, heavy set, a one-time prep-school Ivy Leaguer who's worked in the State Department for forty years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.