One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) or its people.‘Ivorian protests’
- ‘Cowan says the high prices have so far been good for Ivorian farmers, despite the problems brought about by the fighting.’
- ‘Under the peace pact, known as the Marcoussis accord, that article was to be amended to allow for either parent to be Ivorian born.’
- ‘The system of lagoons gives Ivorian commuters an alternative to overcrowded city buses.’
- ‘Bakayoko accused the dissidents of plotting further attacks in other northern Ivorian cities.’
- ‘It's estimated 26 percent of Ivorian residents are of immigrant origin.’
A native or inhabitant of Côte d'Ivoire.‘a call for all Ivorians to participate’
- ‘We are all Ivorians, but Ivory Coast is suffering because of just one man.’
- ‘So far 60 Ivorians have been killed, more than 1,200 injured and 5,000 fled to Liberia.’
- ‘The Ivorians said three of their soldiers were injured in yesterday's clashes.’
- ‘But the heavy lifting has to be done by the Ivorians and the Ivorian leaders themselves.’
- ‘As Ivorians, we are proud that we are a stable country.’
- ‘So far, about 130,000 of them have fled for home while 23,000 Ivorians have sought refuge in neighbouring countries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.