One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A compound of the avermectin group, used as an anthelmintic in veterinary medicine and as a treatment for river blindness.
- ‘Oral ivermectin is used for treatment of intestinal parasites, but recently has been proposed as an alternative agent for head lice infestation.’
- ‘Since risk of transmission still exists, one has to continue mass treatment with ivermectin.’
- ‘Treatment was revolutionized in 1987 when ivermectin, already used in veterinary medicine, was registered for human therapy.’
- ‘The anthelmintic agent ivermectin has been used both orally and topically for head lice but is not licensed for this purpose.’
- ‘As a general practitioner and pet owner, I treated my scratching Abyssinian guinea pigs' nits with subcutaneous ivermectin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.