Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1(in the UK) Independent Television.‘a spokesman from ITV’as modifier ‘an ITV documentary’
- ‘The iTV service will offer the information viewers need to pick up the Big Challenge.’
- ‘Although iTV will take some time to catch on, this will most probably move in line with the quality and quantity of the service provided.’
- ‘VIS iTV will design and develop games for the interactive digital TV and broadband markets.’
- ‘Opera Software develops browsers for desktop, smart phone, PDA, iTV and vertical markets.’
- ‘The Human Senses interactive challenge is the most sophisticated, synchronised channel-switching iTV application yet devised by the BBC.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.