One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of several varieties of caterpillar that are capable of causing skin irritation.‘in the trees hung nests of the itchy grub’
- ‘The caterpillars cause irritation to the skin of humans if contacted, hence their local name: “itchy grubs”.’
- ‘These caterpillars are known as 'itchy grubs' for a very good reason.’
- ‘The buses follow each other like a great line of itchy-grubs.’
- ‘Fortunately, no one played with the itchy grub or got itched.’
- ‘It was that awful caterpillar — the itchy grub.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.