One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of several varieties of caterpillar that are capable of causing skin irritation.‘in the trees hung nests of the itchy grub’
- ‘These caterpillars are known as 'itchy grubs' for a very good reason.’
- ‘It was that awful caterpillar — the itchy grub.’
- ‘Fortunately, no one played with the itchy grub or got itched.’
- ‘The caterpillars cause irritation to the skin of humans if contacted, hence their local name: “itchy grubs”.’
- ‘The buses follow each other like a great line of itchy-grubs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.