One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A powder used to make someone's skin itch, typically as a practical joke.
- ‘The particular kind of itching powder we had purchased took 6-7 hours to activate, and I hoped that they would all be miserable.’
- ‘Anne and Marie's roommate put itching powder on the toilet paper in Marie's bathroom.’
- ‘She did some pretty mean stuff, like put shaving cream in his lunch, itching powder in his gym bag.’
- ‘Seat numbers were stuck on the back of joke shop novelties, which included itching powder and a fly in a plastic ice cube.’
- ‘I'm been fortunate enough to escape the wrath of sneezing powder, and itching powder, so it was strange.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.