One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A powder used to make someone's skin itch, typically as a practical joke.
- ‘Seat numbers were stuck on the back of joke shop novelties, which included itching powder and a fly in a plastic ice cube.’
- ‘She did some pretty mean stuff, like put shaving cream in his lunch, itching powder in his gym bag.’
- ‘I'm been fortunate enough to escape the wrath of sneezing powder, and itching powder, so it was strange.’
- ‘Anne and Marie's roommate put itching powder on the toilet paper in Marie's bathroom.’
- ‘The particular kind of itching powder we had purchased took 6-7 hours to activate, and I hoped that they would all be miserable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.