One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
There will not be long to wait.‘it's only a matter of time before the general is removed’
- ‘But they have pledged to be back next year, and say it is only a matter of time before they register their first success in the borough.’
- ‘They say it is only a matter of time before someone is injured.’
- ‘Going by the recent weather it is only a matter of time before someone invents an umbrella with sun cream dispenser at the handle.’
- ‘Remember, if such lawlessness is allowed to go unchecked it is only a matter of time before you become the next victim.’
- ‘But barring ill health on his part, it is only a matter of time until he becomes chairman.’
- ‘Given the speed at which these vehicles approach the blind corners in the village it is only a matter of time before a serious accident occurs.’
- ‘All products are merged into one another, and it is only a matter of time before it is out of your control and there is one single super-product left.’
- ‘Knowing the standard of magazines in our house, it is only a matter of time…’
- ‘Publicans and members of the public there feel it is only a matter of time before the ban is introduced across Europe.’
- ‘I think it is only a matter of time with Michael, but we can't wait on that.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.