One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
It is past the time when something should have happened or been done.‘it was high time that she faced facts’
- ‘If politics is about people, it is high time that taxpayers saw some form of payback for the money they contribute to society.’
- ‘‘Travel agents and tour operators operate a bonding system and it is high time that airline consumers had the same protection,’ Mr Brazil said.’
- ‘I would suggest that it is high time that government reconsidered how it is going to deal with drug pushers, for current methods are expensive, fundamentally ineffective and deny funding in far more needy areas.’
- ‘It's high time the authorities considered giving rebates to people on long-term incapacity benefit.’
- ‘The people themselves represent a powerful social resource, and it is high time that the federal government recognizes this.’
- ‘Devizes has got a big problem here and it is high time that the schools, the police and the youth club all worked together to find a solution.’
- ‘The fact that Ireland hasn't had a national agricultural policy since we joined the EU shows how complacent we have become and it is high time that we become more pro-active.’
- ‘It's high time more draconian measures were brought in and quickly.’
- ‘I think it is high time that elected political representatives took a stand against this sort of behaviour.’
- ‘For a soccer-mad county like Waterford, 24 years is an eternity to be without a cup win and it is high time that that record was addressed and put right.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.